Offering a range of activities and games to engage children and encourage motivation in the classroom, this essential classroom companion provides ready-to-use material that doesn’t need lengthy forward preparation.
These practical and fun ideas incorporate a variety of learning styles, using kinaesthetic and auditory techniques, which put the emphasis on ‘games’ rather than ‘work’. The activities are especially suitable for teaching assistants working with individuals or small groups. 33 Ways to Help with Writing works step-by-step through practical activities which:
- keep children motivated and enjoying learning
- do not require extensive knowledge or experience from the adult
- are adult-led so children don't have the opportunity to repeat mistakes
- are grouped into different basic skills, so teachers can choose the activity best suited for the child’s needs
- have clear, concise and pedagogically sound reasons for the activity
- include extension activity where appropriate to challenge pupils.